Well, we love our boating life. As often as we can, we love to get away for the weekend (or longer) on the boat. We have a first aid kit on the boat, obviously, but lately I have found that the bits and bobs that I put together from items left over was just not fit for purpose.
So, we put our heads together and came up with some items for a Boater First Aid Kit that really works. We have included:
- Plenty of premium fabric plasters, including 10 each of the fingertip & knuckle type (paddle gear bites!!)
- Plenty of Burns Gel sachets- good for insect bites as well as burns; Cooking with a gas stove in small spaces does lead to the odd burn occasionally.
- 2 large adhesive wound dressings for bigger scrapes, especially on those occasions when the engine needs attention- hands ALWAYS get scraped.
- An instant ice pack to help sooth twists & sprains.
- Eyewash pods to help irrigate eyes and wounds.
To finish off, we have put the contents in a lovely compact blue bag, complete with a hook for hanging on the wall or ceiling, ensuring that valuable space is saved!